Sunday, February 8, 2009

Long time, no blog

My last entry on The Serge Protector was posted on Claire's birthday. I can't believe how fast time seems to pass. I know that every day has 24 hours but some days feel like they only have about 12. If you ask me what we have been up to I wouldn't be able to tell you a single thing, well, except for visiting the doctor. In the last two weeks, I have taken Claire to the doctor a whopping five times. She has been one sick kitty with a sinus infection, bronchitis and a double ear infection, all of which has been complicated by her asthma. Of course, Claire doesn't tend to keep her germs to herself; so now, just as she is getting her energy back, I am totally sick. Occupational hazard is all I can say.

With my get-up-and-go completely gone, I have been sitting around trying to teach myself how to crochet. It is going fairly well. I have also been doing a fair amount of embroidery. I am getting some practice in before I tackle some larger projects - throw pillows for the new sectional and also some new pillows to spruce up the old sofa. I made some little felt valentines for Claire's preschool class and the teachers and I have been making embroidered felt bookmarks too.

I must be feeling a little better though. I am up later than 9:00 and I am back at the computer. I uploaded photos of the house. You can see the slide show on the right-hand side of the page here. I really like the photo of Claire in the bath. I can hardly wait to see her in the new house and out in the back yard. We will be moving just in time for spring and we will finally have a place for her to enjoy the outdoors anytime she wants.

No comments: