Wednesday, February 11, 2009

bag lady

I have never thought that I was one of those women that (a) had to have a handbag to match every out fit in my closet or (b) carried around a 10-gallon handbag.  Yet, despite (or is it in spite? ) of these ideas about myself I have been on a many-years long quest for the perfect handbag.  I don't know whether such a thing exists though. 

002 Last summer I made the Frenchy Bag by Amy Butler and it worked well for the summer after a few small modifications.  I had to sew a line of stitching in to create smaller pockets instead of just two gigantic ones in the lining and I added a ribbon loop and key ring for attaching my keys.  The problem with this bag is that it has dead spaces at the bottom, in the rounded corners.  I think that the neck of the bag is a little long so next summer I may make the short version though I tend to be a bigger fan of shoulder straps than little handles.

My current purse is by an Olympia designer whose label is called Tenderroni.  Scott bought one of her purses for me as a Christmas gift in '08 up at the Olympia Farmer's Market.  If you can't get to the Market you can purchase well-made vinyl accessories at Tenderroni's Etsy shop.   Here is a photo of my purse and my matching coin purse too.

new house 009

new house 007

This winter, these accessories have been perfect, come spring I'll need to find something breezier.  Like zakka, I think accessories need to change with the seasons. 

No comments: