Sunday, March 1, 2009

A little embroidery

005 On Valentine's Day I fixed a nice meal, purchased some tulips and set the table so Scott and I could have a nice dinner together after Claire went to bed.  Scott ended up getting home from work at about 8:00 and then he ate in front of the computer while inputting his bird count data and I watched one of my favorite detective shows, New Tricks.  It seemed like an evening more in keeping with what we are (older married people) and not what we once were (hormone-crazed teenagers).  Not exactly romance central but I didn't really mind, we had a quiet, pleasant night with a good home-cooked meal.  I loved getting out my special embroidered table cloth and dressing up the table. 

In addition to crocheting, I have been honing my embroidery skills and the tablecloth pictured above is a beautiful inspiration.  I have a couple of pillow projects in mind but I keep getting more new cases so I haven't been able to get these new projects going yet.  But I have made some little bookmarks and the Valentine hearts too.

021

022

023

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice stitching! Is that a chain stitch? If so, did it take forever? I've only learned the chain stitch and french knot and I'm slow.